GDPR - General Data Protection Regulations
We have created a top tab on the website that we will be continuously updating on our work and plans surrounding GDPR. We would like to assure patients that we have always worked under Data Protection guidelines, all staff are trained in this with regular training updates. We all work under confidentiality guidelines and sign to say that we will adhere to these. We will only be improving on this data security of your records as we work through GDPR so that you can feel assured that your health data is securely protected.
- We will be asking more security questions when you contact the practice from now on, so please don't be offended by this.
- We will also be asking for specific written consent (signed in person with photo ID by the patient, where possible) if you wish someone to speak/obtain results on your behalf.
- We will need parents to make their own children appointments and give verbal consent for another family member to bring them in.
- We will need written consent for family members (other than parents) to bring children for vaccinations.
- We will need photo ID/proof of address for all access requests for notes whether verbal or produced when handing in written requests.
- We will need new consent for Text messaging services (coming soon)
- We will need you to understand that the e-mail service is a non secure one, if you are happy to still use it
- We will require photo ID to register for patient access (online service to order medication/review your records) and this will be reviewed by the GP to ensure that the access is appropriate.
Thank you for your patience whilst we instigate all of the above, everything we are doing is to protect your information.
The Penn Manor Team